2014 STIHL MS 192 C-E
Call for Price
A lightweight rear-handle chain saw that’s packed with STIHL features.
How’s this for engineering: Our lightest gasoline-powered saw, now bristling with all the technology we could fit on it, including the same engine as some of our top pro models. There’s also our Easy2Start™ system, the easiest-starting chain saw technology we know of – just a long pull on the cord starts it up, and the MS 192 C-E does the rest.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Purge Pump Primer: The purge pump primer feature enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, enabling easier starting. The purge pump primer is designed in a way that the operator cannot flood the machine by priming the carburetor too many times. Flooding the engine is still possible if the choke is not removed after the engine turns over.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Displacement: 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.3 kW (1.7 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 3.3 kg (7.4 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12 in. to 16 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 270 cc (9.1 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 220 cc (7.4 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 3/8 in. PMM3
- 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 1.7 bhp (1.3 kW)
- Powerhead: 7.4 lb. (3.3 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)