2014 STIHL MS 362 R C-M
Call for Price
The MS 362's optimum combination of torque, power and weight, with a wrap-around handle (R).
With low-emission, fuel-efficient engine technology, the STIHL MS 362 R C-M professional chain saw is engineered to save you time and money. Use up to 20% less fuel compared to previous models, and with the new pre-separation air filtration system, you’ll have fewer filter changes and longer run times. The advanced anti-vibration system allows you to keep working comfortably for longer periods of use during most applications, including logging, thinning, arborwork and large woodcutting jobs. All this, plus 70 percent lower emissions compared to previous models, makes the MS 362 R C-M an ideal choice for professionals and serious users.
As part of a new platform design concept, the MS 362 R C-M allows for quicker, more streamlined serviceability from your local STIHL Dealer.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL M-Tronic™: This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Winter/Summer Shutter: The Winter/Summer Shutter allows the carburetor to operate at optimum temperature year-round and helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50°F (10°C).
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Displacement: 59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 3.4 kW (4.6 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 6.2 kg (13.7 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 40 to 63 cm (16 in. to 25 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 600 cc (20.3 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 325 cc (11.0 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 3/8 in. RS3
- 59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 4.6 bhp (3.4 kW)
- Powerhead: 13.7 lb. (6.2 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 25 in. (40 to 63 cm)